Thursday, March 23, 2006

Perico: We're No John Farnham

Brunswick rockers, Perico, have reacted warily to suggestions that advertising for their two "final" gigs this weekend is misleading, untruthful and frankly "just like John Farnham".

"I don't think we should be put in the same sentence or even phrase as that wonderful Australian icon" said singer Tim, whose imminent departure overseas is the catatlyst for the two "farewell" shows.

"I'm actually more like General Macarthur or Arnie Schwarzneger. I'll be back" he said.

"Ok, it's true, I'm leaving on a jet plane and don't know when I'll be back again. I guess that's the power of love, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

Rumours of a guest appearance by John Farnham himself at the Brunswick Hotel on Friday night have been greatly exaggerated.

No comments: